British espresso machine manufacturer Fracino is calling on UK hospitality sector businesses who are struggling to source products from China to buy British.
The call comes as many British companies experience difficulties and delays in their supply chains due to a lack of availability of components in China as the Coronavirus takes its toll on the country’s manufacturing network.
Renowned regionally, nationally and internationally for its growing portfolio of British-made products, Fracino operates one of the world’s most advanced and efficient espresso equipment manufacturing facilities where the majority of products are produced in house.
Peter Atmore, Fracino’s head of global sales, who is currently in Asia and witnessing supply chain delays at first hand, said factors – including a hike in the cost of materials – are making it increasingly difficult for companies to do business with China.
Said Peter: “With the impact of Coronavirus hampering China’s ability to make and ship parts, disruption to supply chains can severely damage a company’s reputation and bottom line.
“A champion of British manufacturing, nearly 90 per cent of our components are made in-house – giving us rigorous control over quality, product development and the manufacturing process. The few parts we can’t make are sourced around the UK and Europe – ensuring a smooth and timely delivery to our UK and overseas clients. We highly recommend buying British for reliability, expertise – and peace of mind.”
The UK’s only manufacturer of British made traditional espresso machines and a multi-award winning business, Fracino has recently further expanded its workforce and manufacturing facility and exports worldwide to countries including Canada and the US.
Visit the Beverage Standards Association News page for more stories.
- Established in 1963 by founder Frank Maxwell, Fracino is acknowledged as a global brand which operates one of the world’s most advanced and efficient espresso equipment manufacturing facilities in Birmingham
- Production has been revolutionised through a multi-million pound investment programme and the majority of components are fabricated in-house
- The UK’s sole manufacturer of traditional espresso machines, Fracino’s product portfolio includes a range of coffee machines including the fully automatic bean-to-cup Cybercino machine, hand fill compact machines and a range of traditional espresso machines. It also extends to coffee grinders, dishwashers, glass washers, ice machines a coffee roaster and range of water boilers.
- Customers span Subway®, PizzaExpress, Living Ventures Restaurant Group and AMT Coffee
- Fracino has achieved double-digit sales growth almost every year since 2009 and exports to over 70 countries worldwide.