Fracino has boosted a campaign to give Armed Forces veterans a new lease of life by equipping them with the skills to become a Barista.
The manufacturer has donated espresso machines, grinders and knockout drawers to former soldier Nigel Seaman from Combat2Coffee which trains veterans and helps them to find work placements or outreach support.
The community interest company was launched in 2018 after Nigel, whose active service across 1992 – 2004 included placements in Northern Ireland and Bosnia, was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Witnessing the plight of plight of fellow veterans struggling with life outside service, he supports those who are in custody, serving rehabilitation – or seeking an outlet to put their skills to good use.
Said Nigel: “An enormous thank you to Adrian and the Fracino team – the espresso machines and complementary equipment they have provided will be invaluable in our barista training programme to enhance the quality of life and confidence of veterans who have much to offer but struggle to acclimatise to life outside the forces.
“The donation is also perfectly timed in advance of this year’s Armed Forces Day on Saturday, June 29 when Combat2Coffee is in Peterborough quenching the thirst of veterans and the local community who join forces to acknowledge the invaluable role of the men and women serving our country.”
Nigel has teamed up with nationwide charities Help for Heroes, which provides lifelong support to service personnel and military veterans, and Combat Stress – which helps former servicemen and women to deal with issues such as PTSD, anxiety and depression.
Combat2Coffee’s key goals include securing accreditation for the barista courses and enlisting more volunteers.
Adrian Maxwell, MD of Fracino – the UK’s only manufacturer of traditional espresso coffee machines and a champion of giving back to communities – said: “Nigel’s passion and vision to give a new lease of life and skill set to veterans is inspirational and Fracino is proud to support the venture which has already improved the well being of many veterans in a short space of time.”
For more information visit www.combat2coffee.co.uk or call Nigel Seaman on 07429439766.
Interesting facts about Fracino include
- Established in 1963 by founder Frank Maxwell, Fracino is acknowledged as a global brand which operates one of the world’s most advanced and efficient espresso equipment manufacturing facilities in Birmingham
- Production has been revolutionised through a multi-million pound investment programme and the majority of components are fabricated in-house
- The UK’s sole manufacturer of traditional espresso machines, Fracino’s product portfolio includes a range of coffee machines including the fully automatic bean-to-cup Cybercino machine, hand fill compact machines and a range of traditional espresso machines. It also extends to coffee grinders, dishwashers, glass washers, ice machines a coffee roaster and range of water boilers.
- Customers span Subway®, PizzaExpress, Patisserie Valerie, Living Ventures Restaurant Group, AMT Coffee and Pathfinder pub chains.
- Fracino has achieved double-digit sales growth almost every year since 2009 and exports to over 70 countries worldwide.
- The business has scooped 19 awards since 2013 including the prestigious Winner of Winners award from manufacturer’s association the EEF – the highest accolade a manufacturer can receive.